The first way to support the Becker PTA is to become a member. Dues are collected each school year to show our support for the students at our school. Membership dues at $6 per adult and we encourage all parents and grandparents of each child to join. Click here to join online, or drop your cash or check in the PTA box in the office. Please note that PayPal charges Becker PTA a processing fee for online payments. We request membership dues of $6.50 per person to cover those fees.
The Becker PTA has worked with the staff and teachers to identify funding needs for the year that will benefit every student at Becker. Additionally, we are working with staff and parents to provide other enrichment opportunities throughout the school. Those needs have formed our funding goals for this year, and include:
- Student Field Trips*
- Instructional materials for all classrooms*
- Student 9 week Incentives and Awards
- Scholarships for Becker alumni
- Campus Improvements
- Library materials
- PE equipment
- Winter holiday Santa visit
- Chicken Coop
- Dia de los Ninos
- Backyard Bash
- New Classroom Technology
*Instructional Materials and Student Field Trips are our first priority to fund!
To accomplish these goals, the Becker PTA has budgeted to raise $20,000 for the current school year. Throughout the school year, we have planned for numerous fun activities to help achieve this goal. Below, please see the Fundraising Committee’s planned events and mark your calendars!
FIRST FRIDAY FUNDAY: The first Friday of every month, we will host a special treat for parents and children after school. These include Ice Cream and Kona Ice trucks, Bake Sales, Becker Spirit Items, Hot Cocoa for the holidays, and more. Each month will feature something different. Check to see which days parents can help by bringing in decorated treats!
NO FUSS FUNDRAISER: The No Fuss Fundraiser is a simple, convenient way to support the Becker PTA. 100% of the funds raised support our programs. There is no selling required.
FALL FEST / FESTIVAL DE OTONO: This is Becker’s fun, fun, fun Fall Fest featuring games, prizes, food trailer fare and school spirit! It is the primary fundraiser for the Becker PTA, but most importantly, it’s a fun festival with Becker faculty, students, and parents, and is open to the community.
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION: Clip Box Tops from your purchased goods. Becker earns money for every clipped Box Top. The class that turns in the most Box Tops wins a special prize! Visit www.boxtops4education.com to see which brands offer Box Tops.
PACHANGA: Becker has reinvented the elementary school dance with Pachanga! A fun-filled evening of dance, music, raffles, food fare and more, this event celebrates our family, Latino culture, and our future bilingual community leaders.
EDBACKER CAMPAIGNS: You may also come across different Ed Backer campaigns from our teachers and staff and /or PTA chairs to raise funds for something special needed in classrooms/library or for an event like STEAM events. Please look out in your communications for any fundraising efforts through EdBacker and help support that way!
Here’s how you can help Support the BECKER PTA!
- Become a member of the Becker PTA! Annual dues are $6. Registration envelopes are available in the office. Click here to print out membership form and mail or deliver to the school office with cash or check for $6 per person. For convenience, we provide an option to pay for your membership through PayPal. Please note that PayPal charges Becker PTA a processing fee for online payments. We request membership dues of $6.50 per person to cover those fees. https://sites.google.com/site/beckerelementarypta/becker-pta-membership
- Determine your giving goals for the year and consider making your most generous contribution to the No Fuss Fundraiser. 100% of the proceeds go to the Becker PTA to support our funding goals. Grandparents and other family members may want to support Becker too!
- Check your company’s giving policies for matching contribution opportunities or grant funding for educational programs. (We have two parent volunteers researching grant funding, so please let us know of any we should consider)
- Does your business want to support the Becker Fall Fest, or do you have a relationship with a local business that may want to support it? If so, please reach out to them for support. Many businesses are happy to support schools and welcome the opportunity to reach our community.
- Start clipping Box Tops now and save for the first Box Tops contest. (Many office products like Avery offer Box Tops so check the work room!)
- Visit us for each First Friday Funday! The students really look forward to these days.
- Use a Target REDcard. As a part of their Take Charge of Education program, Target will donate 1% of REDcard purchases to Becker. Visit target.com/redcard. Click on Take Charge of Education and enroll for your purchases to support Becker.
- Sign up your Randall’s card to benefit Becker. The Becker Good Neighbor Program code is 9359. As a part of Randall’s Good Neighbor Program, Randall’s will donate 1% of your purchases to Becker. Complete the brief form at your neighborhood Randall’s and support Becker with every purchase!
- Support on the EdBacker campaigns as they arise!
- Lastly, your time is most helpful throughout the year so please volunteer if you can!
Thank you in advance for doing what you can to help us reach our goals this year! Please contact Rocio Earls at rocioaustin1 [at] gmail.com for questions regarding fundraising.